Weifang Sime Darby Port Co Ltd (Weifang)
Weifang Sime Darby Port Co Ltd (“Weifang Port”) is located in the prime region of the Bohai Sea’s economic belt. Weifang Port is approximately 50km away from the Weifang City, a prefecture-level city in central Shandong province, People’s Republic of China.
It was incorporated in August 2005, and is 99% owned by Sime Darby through Sime Darby Utilities Sdn Bhd and Sime Darby Overseas (HK) Ltd. The other 1% is owned by the Weifang Port Bureau.
Weifang Port provides excellent feeder services for shippers within the greater Weifang and neighbouring industrial hinterlands. This multipurpose port handles mostly bulk (both dry and liquid) and general cargoes, with container operations in the near future.
Weifang Port which is currently in the midst of achieving its 1st Tier Port status, receives both local & foreign vessels, thus offering shippers and shipping lines more choices as their preferred gateway. The port rolled out its Port Management System (PMS) in November 2009, which links it directly to Shandong’s Customs authority, shippers, shipping lines, forwarders and other users of the port.
The port’s on-going RMB1.5 billion expansion will provide an additional three 10,000 tonnes general cargo berths, an eastern and western wave breaker that stretch 10km out from the existing port limits, two 10,000 to 20,000 tonnes container berths and an additional 20,000 tonneg general cargo berth by 2012.
Back to top